We collect browsing information
In order to allow our partners to recommend products that are the more relevant to your interests, we collect data related to your browsing activity through cookies or equivalent identifiers that record:
- events related to your activity on our partner’s website (such as the number of pages viewed, the products you viewed on that website, your searches made on the partner’s website)
- events related to your interaction with our partner’s products within their own marketing (e.g. newsletters, search advertising) and on third party web sites (e.g. on price comparison web sites)
- information related to your device (device type, operating system, version)
- and events related to the recommendations provided by Distribute Travel through ad serving activity, such as the number of ads displayed to you or recommendations that you express an interest in.
We also collect technical user identifiers from our advertising partners for the purpose of linking the different browsers and mobile apps you use and deliver relevant recommendations based on your behaviour across environments (“ID syncing”). For that purpose we process and store
- Technical IDs of our advertising partners, and/or a hashed version of your CRM ID or of your email address – the hashing method used is the MD5 which is a non-reversible encrypting method. MD5 of your email correspond to a series of characters that does not permit your identification. For eg : a hash of email@example.com would be 95ad3e9a65078288849e0ce56cf032c4
- Mobile advertising IDs (such as Apple IDFA or Google AAID) which are specific technical data created by mobile manufacturers to allow personalisation and customer analytics in a secure and non-identifying way for users
Finally, we can collect technical identifiers from third parties for the purpose of improving our ID syncing and be sure to offer you a seamless online experience. These trusted partners commit to only share ID corresponding to deterministic linking made between cookies and/or mobile identifiers and to provide an efficient choice mechanism to end users (opt-out). For eg : the linking information sourced from our partners could be Cookie ID ABC = Apple IDFA 123 = MD5 hashed value).
We do not collect any identifying information
We do not know who you are. We do not know your address, your place of work, your date of birth, your email address, your phone number. We do not use or store your IP address for targeting purposes*. We do not collect hardware-based identifiers such as UDID, Mac Address. We do not collect sensitive information (such as religion, political opinion, health…). We only collect data in order to increase the relevancy of the recommendations being displayed to you. The data we collect is also used for reporting purposes, and to give our clients and partners more information about the performance of their advertising campaigns, and to improve the relevance of our recommendations over time. We do not create segments to specifically target children under 13 years old. We do not process any information which could be used by Distribute Travel, directly or indirectly, with the help of a third party or otherwise, to determine the personal identity of users. We share information collected with our subsidiaries or affiliated companies. We share aggregated data with our partners, i.e. data that does not permit identification of a partner, or permit you to be identified. We share non-aggregated data only upon approval of our partners and in compliance with our commercial agreements. We partner with Ad Exchange platforms to deliver our personalised recommendations through display advertising on third party web sites.
*In compliance with the best industry standards, we use IP addresses:
- For fraud detection purposes (and not for targeting purposes) to help alert us to situations which could not have been caused by human behavior, such as a massive amount of clicking in a limited period of time; or
- To extract geographical information.